New Brands at Sale Servant
Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Wedding Lookbook..No not my wedding (Inspired by Irene Mahmud)

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all well. Wedding season is upon us and I have decided to do a lookbook on what I have worn to a wedding I attended. It was an asian wedding so I wore asian attire. 

For the Mehndi (ceremony before the wedding where mehndi/henna is applied to the hands) I was a bridesmaid and due to this we all had to wear the same saree. The bride chose a pink and purple theme. I decided to have my hair down for this event. As I am a broke student, I am very limited to what makeup I have and cannot afford the big brands at the moment therefore I have to make do with what I own. The make up items used in this look were: Maybelline colour tattoo 24hour eyeshadow in Pink gold, Liquid black eyeliner by Barry M on the top lid and Collection 2000 pencil liner on the bottom lid. For my eyelashes I used a mix of Rimmel london scanadleyes rockin' curves and lycra flex. I do not wear foundation, instead I used Nivea daily essentials tinted moisturiser and Bodyshop concealer. This is because foundation and my skin do not get along very well. For the contouring and highlighting, I used the blank canvas contour and highlight kit. I then used the Natural Collection's bronzing pearls in sahara sun on my cheeks. To finish off the look I applied Maybelline coloursensational lipstick in Pink punch and a pink bindi on my forehead. I kept this look a bit more simple and wore only silver earrings and necklace. 





For the wedding, I wore an orange and black lehenga. I matched my eye make up with my lehenga colours opting for an orange and black smokey eye using inspiration from Irene's eye makeup looks. I used the same products mentioned above except this time I mixed the natural collection bronzing pearls with Avon bronzing pearls and used Rimmel london lipstick in vintage pink. As it was a wedding I wore a full set of indian jewellery and styled my hair in my own take of Irene Mahmud's princess jasmine hairstyle. I had to alter the way to do it as my hair is layered and I have a side fringe. 






The reason I decided to take inspiration from Irene Mahmud's makeup and hair is because I love the looks she does. I watched her youtube videos over and over again for inspiration as like her I am bengali with coarse hair and find it very difficult to style my hair. I hope you all enjoyed the looks. 

Until next time

Anastasia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment