New Brands at Sale Servant
Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Follow Me On My Fat Loss Journey

Hello Dolls!

I am back with another post. This time a post on a personal goal. 

After an erratic and unpredictable year, I am now starting my fat
loss journey..again! As you know, this summer after being unwell I gained weight quite fast to be honest. I now wish to regain my body back...maybe even a better one than before.

I don't really want to call it a weight loss journey as the primary goal is FAT loss. There is a difference. Weight loss is a decrease in weight but not necessarily a decrease in fat, could be a decrease in muscle mass. As I want to lose the fat on my body and become leaner, it is my FAT LOSS JOURNEY.

I may do weekly weigh ins but I hate doing them to be honest. However I will definitely keep an eye on my waist size! 

SO! How will I be going about the fat loss journey of mine?

Well, I am hitting the gym 6 days a week for 1-2 hour sessions of HIIT and weight training. I am giving myself a rest day to not become exhausted and overwhelmed. I will also be swimming twice a week for an hour a session. 

BUT, the most important part is DIET. What you eat has the biggest impact on fat loss. There is absolutely no point in going to the gym if you are going to indulge in greasy takeouts all day, all evening long right?

However, I LOVE FOOD. Like I will choose food over humans (sorry). So, I have made myself my own special diet plan consisting of high protein and low carbohydrates, so I can still enjoy my favourite food but slightly healthier. I will limit my carb intake to up until lunchtime. I will also limit my total food intake up till 6-7pm. It has been shown that the more time your body has to process food in a fasted state, there is better fat loss as well as health benefits (as shown in BBC programme Trust Me, I'm a Doctor).

So in a nutshell, for BREAKFAST I will be either eating porridge with peanut butter and fruits/nuts or scrambled eggs on avocado and spinach on toast. Although, on weekends I may indulge in a cheeky bowl of coco pops as I have breakfast at work. For LUNCH it will range from healthier versions of pasta dishes and curries. DINNER will consist of protein and veggies/salad. I crave chocolate every day and without it I am cranky so I will allow myself one bar a day. As for snacks in between meals it will be from a selection of fruits, nakd bars and low calorie snacks in general. Sugar is eliminated except for whats already contained in food and one teaspoon of brown sugar in tea. All staple carbs in my diet will be the wholewheat version.  If I do go out for food, I will choose wisely based on calories, protein and how the food is cooked.

Well, that in a short snippet is basically my plan dolls. Follow me on instagram (anastasias_blog) for posts of the dishes I cook and eat as well as the (basic student) recipes I use. 

Thank you for reading, do comment if there are any dishes you'd like to see my version of. I am not a savvy cook. An experimental who cooks with a student budget but food comes out delish even if I do say so myself AND I am a fussy eater!

Until next time

Anastasia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment