Hello Dolls!
How is everyone doing? Everyone in the UK adjusted okay to the clock change? Well today's blog post is about my current favourite look which is inspired by the gothic make up looks.
This A/W I am absolutely obsessed with dark plum lipstick. There is just something about that colour that makes it seem so suited to the dark winter nights. I often just wear it with a coat of mascara on my lashes as my everyday look. However, with halloween on its way I thought why not create a gothic inspired look which you can recreate easily. I actually did go into uni today with the make up on teamed up with a black dress and purple cardigan. Those two colours are really appealing to me recently!
So I have made a few collages of the make-up... (Apologies if the photos aren't of great quality)
As you are aware I do not wear foundation therefore I prepped my skin using Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. I then applied my standard Nivea Tinted Moisturiser and just added some Body Shop Concealer to my cheeks. I also filled in my eyebrows using Seventeen's Sculpting Brow Pencil and highlighted my brow bone with Technics Highlights.
I then applied Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to my eyelids and used a mixture of dark matte purple eyeshadow and a sparkly purple along my crease and up to mid eyelid. I also applied some to my lower lashline. Next I applied a matte black eyeshadow mixed in with a dark grey along my lash line and up to mid eyelid. Be sure to blend the colours in where the purple and black meet just to make it appear smoother if you get what I mean. I then applied my L'oreal Super Liner in black lacquer on my upper lid and Maybelline Master Smokey Pencil Liner on my lower lashline. As I don't like wearing false eyelashes I just applied a few coats of my Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin Curves Mascara.
Now the lipstick which has become my favourite so far is by Collection 2000 Gothic Glam range in colour 3 - Revenge, I bought this last year so if it is unavailable now then I suggest MAC Russian Red.
I know it is a scary look and you may be a bit worried in trying it however I absolutely love it. I love being different and doing my own thing therefore love this gothic inspired look. You'll never know if you like it or not if you don't try and there is no harm in trying...after all you can just take it off afterwards.
Have a great Halloween,
Until next time
Anastasia xo



Looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat post :D
simpleandcuriousliving.blogspot.co.uk