Hello Dolls!
A long awaited post! Sorry for the lack of posts, unfortunately nothing exciting has happened for me to write about and I have been busy with my Masters year!
However, on Saturday, I turned 22! I was dreading it to be honest. I graduate soon and start my job in late summer. Turning 22 just made it feel more real that I am..I guess in a sense an adult now!
I had a busy packed day and was on a budget for my outfit too (thanks to Christmas shopping and what not!).
Firstly, my best friends came to stay and as we absolutely adore weddings we could not say no to free tickets to the Asian Bride Live Wedding Exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham.
My! What a beautiful event it was. We were lucky too as we arrived just in time to watch the catwalk featuring designs from Soltee, Sharons Couture and Kahaani London to name a few!
There were some beautiful stages and decorations on exhibit too. It really did make me want to get married there and then! I absolutely love attending wedding fairs and whoever I marry will be lucky (because it is me duh) but also because I am well aware of what is out there and how I would like my wedding. But that's confidential info for a blog post one day in the future.
Now, onto my birthday outfit! As it was my 22nd, I wanted to wear something different as I tend to wear dresses pretty much all the time. So i decided I would like to wear a jumpsuit. However finding a jumpsuit which complemented my curvaceous body was a tiring job. However, luckily after trying on nearly 20 jumpsuits, I found the perfect one. A glitter culotte jumpsuit from Forever 21. However, attaining this jumpsuit was not easy. I ordered it online and within a few days I had received an email stating it had arrived at my local store. So, I got extremely excited and popped down to the store. However, when I arrived I was informed it wasn't there. Long story short, I waited 45mins (It was hard to stay patient!) as they searched. Due to the long wait I had, the assistant gave me 25% of my money back. Now...as a student...any money saved is a YES moment!
Jumpsuit: Forever 21
Blazer: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes and Clutch: Dorothy Perkins
I knew I wanted to go for a more sophisticated look and so I then went on the hunt for a blazer to complement the jumpsuit. I wanted to add some contrast to the outfit so I was searching for a red blazer. I decided to pop into Dorothy Perkins where I found the red waterfall blazer, black heel and red clutch all on sale! Another student YES moment!
As for makeup, I very rarely have a full face of make up. However, it was my birthday so that rule went out of the window. Firstly dolls, I have to tell you about my new favourite make up brand. KIKO! Rumour has it their make up is made in the same factory as MAC. Even the packaging is similar to MAC. However, the make up is half the price and quality is the same, maybe even better in my opinion. I am not some qualified make up artist nor do I like spending too long with my make up so I did whatever I could and wanted.
Thank you for reading. Apologies for the photo qualities!
Until next time,
Anastasia xo












No comments:
Post a Comment