New Brands at Sale Servant
Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 27 June 2014

Ramadan Nutrition

Food, Food, Food...Got your attention now??

Hello everyone :)

Today I will be discussing the best way to keep your diet on the right tracks during Ramadan (Especially those who are strength training).

Now, I know it won't be easy so I will discuss little cheats every day. I will do my best to keep this blog updated with a post every day (if not then each week) during Ramadan about what I ate and how it went. 

The plan is to make sure we don't over indulge in carbohydrates and oily food. This is my plan:

Sehri/Suhoor: 
Porridge/Weetabix
Two scoop protein shake
Two table spoons of peanut butter (Yes I mean lick the spoons) 
Plenty of fruit
LOTS and LOTS of water
Iftaar:
Chicken and Veg
 One handful of brown rice
Eggs
Fruit
Water/Juice
Slow releasing energy foods: Oats; bananas, dates, poultry, fish, spinach, kale, broccoli, cucumber, asparagus, berries, melons, cherries, apples, sweet potatoes, raw nuts and many more!

When choosing starches (rice, pasta, bread) choose the wholemeal option.

But what about when Mummy makes lots of snacks and yummy Ramadan food?

This is the difficult part. Try to limit yourself. For example, only allow yourself a maximum of two samosas/pakoras..Not the whole plate. 
Deep fried foods like this, foods high in fat and sugar can make digestion more difficult and leave you feeling bloated/sluggish.

Because it is Ramadan I know it will be hard, trust me, I'll be finding it difficult to. Some days I may eat the rice and curries my mother will cook (I haven't been home for months because of uni so all I want to do is eat my mothers cooking!).

However, all of this nutrition advice is what we should stick to in a good healthy lifestyle anyway!

Training during the day is not a good idea. Unfortunately, I do not have a 24/7 gym near me but if you do then after Taraweeh do some training then. However, if like me you can't then do what you can at home. I will keep you updated with this too.

Until next time,

Good luck!

Anastasia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment